Ten questions. No wrong answers. Just trying to get a handle on some relative truths and whether or not ‘normal’ exists (my working hypothesis is that it does not). Also, thinking about your answers may provide a little food for thought or clarity if you’ve been struggling with one of these issues lately. I know that I certainly have been questioning just about everything for the last little while.
Food for thought. Part 1
What is the longest period of time that you have gone:
- Not talking to your spouse?
- Not being talked to by your spouse?
- Without cheating on a diet or exercise program?
- Without alcohol (for social drinkers) or other favourite vice?
- Without being online, checking email, Facebook, etc.?
- Without taking a shower?
- Without having sex, or really even wanting to have sex (while in or out of relationship – no judgements here)?
- Without the urge to pop a blackhead, pimple, or other skin imperfection. How about plucking an errant hair or skin snag? Yours or someone else’s?
- Without shaving your legs or armpits or face?
- Without talking to your parents (or kids)?
I’m a curious person by nature. Some may say nosy, but I reject that assessment and remain steadfast in my belief that I am interested, curious and concerned. I am also really invested in making sure that I am not living on a completely other planet because, you know, I am raising kids here. ????